DreamSNES (port of Snes9x)
Last release: Version 0.9.6 February 24, 2002
What's new in version 0.9.6 (basically a bugfix for 0.9.5):
- Fixed bug in saving.
- Fixed bug in multi-tap support. (Multiplayer in Bomberman works again.)
- Fixed interlace problems on PAL.
- Fixed glitches in stereo sound. Both ingame and in the menu.
- Support multiple mpeg layer 2 or 3 sound files in the sound directory. Song names and artists will be read from the id3 tag if it exists.
- Reenabled the "CPU optimizations" mode, which was accidentally disabled in the last release.
Last release: Version 0.40 on March 22, 2001
What's new in version 0.40:
Download: See http://www.ngine.de/
- Rockin joypad operation mode. You can now operate most keyboard commands with the joypad using GUIs for command selection, file selection etc.
- Auto switch to joypad mode if there is no keyboard found.
- Configuration interface for joypad in snes9x. Saveable and supports the Analog stick.
- Preferences saving for video modes, joypad configurations etc. If prefs are saved once, they are auto-loaded on startup of ngine.
- Improved command line for keyboard users.
- snes9x game saving/autoloading from VMU. Fully automatic process that needs no user teraction.
- Loading of splitted ROM images now working (SMC/SWC splitROM formats).
- snes9x ingame display correctly centered.
- Several crash-prone functions securified.
- SNES9x "after few minutes" crash bug fixed.
- Overall stability of ngine is much better than in 0.30a.
- File set completely reorganized. All things now in tidy, logical places :).
- Master Event handler. Much more command line flexibility.
- Cleaned up handling of user interface. Now showing button mappings in file selection.
Sintendo (port of Snes9x)
Last release: Build #209 on November 03, 2000
Download: See http://sintendo.dcemulation.com/main.html